Rivelin Woodland Skills
Hi my name is Simon Denton and I am 45 Years old.
After working for 25 years in the Steel Industry, I have for the last year been working hard to realise and follow my dream of developing an Outdoor education centre for the younger generation. My background in this field has been built up from many roles I have undertaken since then for many years.
In my continuing sessions I offer a wide range of activities designed with my guidence to help your child improve their Personal development, Communication, Self belief, Problem solving skills, Self awareness and General Health.
Why not give it a try....?
Rivelin Woodland Skills provides a range of bush craft and woodland skills for children aged 5 to 16 years. We offer a variety of inspirational, outdoor experiences to young people of all backgrounds. They can be sure to learn valuable skills in a safe,fun and imaginative way. Our sessions are designed to develop a range of practical and social skills, building up their knowledge and enjoyment around nature
Rivelin Woodland Skills is led by Simon Denton. He is an outdoor instructor with a passion for nature and sharing his knowledge of it with others. Our ethos is to nurture, help the mind focus and recharge in the natural environment.
Simon is Emergency outdoor first aid trained, DBS and Child safe-guarding policy checked and fully insured.
All our sessions take place in an outdoor environment, at our dedicated woodland skills site at Crookes Community Farm. Situated just off Bole Hill Road, 300 yards past the Rivelin Valley Cattery. Postcode S6 5DF.
- Birthday Parties £70 contact for details.
- Survival day session £35 contact for details.
- Full day £45 per person.
- Half day £25 per person.
- 2 hour session £18 per person.
- After school club £6 per person.
- Group discounts on request (Scouting movement, Community groups and Schools).
- Bookings taken all year including half term and Summer/Christmas holidays.
- 50% deposit payable in advance by Credit card, BACCS, PayPal or cash. One week notice of cancellation for refund.
Our experiences are suitable for people of any age or physical ability, they are designed to nurture and inspire young people.
They will develop sturdy building blocks for a "CAN DO" attitude to life and gain aspirations!
Our aim is to take them out of their everyday situation for a short period of time and let them experience another environment, where there are no expectations and pressures, a place where the mind can relax and recharge through nature.
We cater for:
- Parents wanting an experience that builds skills and confidence in your child
- Schools wanting to support curriculum learning
- Voluntary groups (such as Scouts or the guides) looking for exciting skill-building activities
- Businesses interested in a unique team-building opportunity
We have a unique and exciting learning experience to suit everyone.
* Fire building and safety
* Outdoor food preperation and cooking
* Shelter building
* Water filtration
* Bug Hotel/Weather Station Construction
* Tool work, Leather tinder pouch crafting
* Wooden oak disc design
* Foraging and tracking
"I took my four year old to a fire building session.
Simaon accomodated the different ages really well and my little on had a brilliant time roasting marshmallows and learning about fire.
Thank you!" - Jane Charles (Parent)
"My kids (6,8 and 10 years) had the most amazing time today! They are now in the garden trying out their new skills. Would highly recommend, we will be back" - Louise Caffrey (Parent)
"Eva definitely enjoyed it and it has inspired her to come home and try out her new skills and even cook some bread, which she taught us how to make. - Heather Guile (Parent)
"One small boy returned home very excited, with a sparkle in his eye,smelling like a bonfire and with a handmade leather pouch in his bag. He's also taught his mum howe to filter water for her cup of tea" - Lucy Harper (Parent)